- What social media should I connect to?
- www.twitter.com/CanadianFWI (@CanadianFWI)
- Co-Curricular Record – Login at https://getinvolved.niagaracollege.ca using your Niagara College username and password. Click “Organizations” and then join the Canadian Food and Wine Institute.
- How do I get CFWI program wear?
- All Culinary and Baking students pick up their uniforms at the central stores (HT128).
- All Brewmaster students receive a blue work shirt. Please give your shirt size to Victor North, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All Wine students receive a lightweight jacket. Please give your jacket size to Victor North, email@example.com.
- All Culinary Innovation and Food Technology students receive lab coats. Please give your lab coat size to Amy Proulx, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is Co-Curricular Record (CCR) and how do I register?
It is an official Niagara College document developed to enhance your resume, career and academic portfolios. By registering for the program, individuals gain recognition for student engagement, volunteering, leadership and co-curricular activities pursued outside of the classroom. To register just login at https://getinvolved.niagaracollege.ca using your Niagara College user name and password.
- How do I get a locker?Lockers on campus are rented for a small fee. To learn more, visit the Lockers page.
- Can students visit Benchmark Restaurant, Teaching Winery and Teaching Brewery?
Of course, they’re yours to explore!
Bench To Go — Our takeout café, located in the CFWI building, beside Benchmark, is open Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (fall and winter hours), and serves a variety of fresh, delicious, student- made menu options daily. Menus are posted on the CFWI and Benchmark Facebook pages prior to each new week for review.
Bench On The Go — Our Food Truck, is available at many local events from April to October, offering great menu options.
Benchmark Restaurant — is open Tuesday to Saturday for lunch from 11:30 a.m. till 2:00 p.m. and Friday and Saturday for dinner from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.. Benchmark is designed to be a sensory application of skills learned and honed at the Canadian Food and Wine Institute for students who are actively studying in our programs.
Niagara College Teaching Winery — Home to the Wine Visitor & Education Centre learning environment for students. Located amidst 38 acres of college vineyards, the Teaching Winery allows the students to have immediate access to hands-on experience in a real-time working environment, resulting in award-winning wines. Our retail store hours are: Summer (May-Oct) 10am-6pm, Winter (Nov-April) Sun-Fri 11am-5pm, Sat 10am-5pm
Niagara College Teaching Brewery — is Canada’s first Teaching Brewery, and serves as a practical, hands-on learning environment for students in Niagara College’s Brewmaster and Brewery Operations Management program. Our Brewery retail store hours are: Summer (May-Oct) 10am-6pm, Winter (Nov-April) Sun-Fri 11am-5pm, Sat 10am-5pm
- Are there any clubs or competitions that students can participate in?
- How do I find out about scholarship and awards?There are many scholarships and awards available, and several are specific to students enrolled in CFWI programs. Use the Financial Aid Awards Finder to find scholarships just for you.
- Who are my main CFWI contacts?
- Coordinator, Olaf Mertens (HT020, lower level)
- Coordinator, Michael Olson (HT028, lower level)
- Coordinator, Peter Storm (HT025, lower level)
- Coordinator, Peter Rod (HT050, lower level)
- Wine Practicum Coordinator, Jennifer Wilhelm (HT 046, lower level
- Student Liaison, Brianne Hawley (HT016, lower level)
- Winemaker, Gavin Robertson (Teaching Winery – opposite parking lot A)
- Coordinator, Nate Ferguson (HT053, lower level)
- Student Liaison, Alan Brown (HT 016, lower level)
- Brewmaster, Jon Downing (Brewery, by the back parking lot)
Culinary Innovation: Coordinator, Amy Proulx (HT 035, lower level
Event Coordinator: Johanna Cotte (HT 103, main floor)
Dining Room Manager: Sarah Scott (HT 117A, Benchmark Restaurant)
Winery & Brewery:
- Manager, Steve Gill (Wine Visitor & Education Centre, opposite parking lot A
- Event Coordinator, Sarah Hopkins (WVEC)
- Jeff Steen (HT056, lower level)
- Stacey Havran (HT055, lower level)
Dean: Craig Youdale
Divisional Assistant, Melanie Gilligan (HT102, main floor lobby)
Associate Dean: Gary Torraville
Academic Assistant, Caitlin Franck (HT017, lower level)