About this Program
About the Certification Program
This program prepares individuals for an exciting and rewarding career in the hospitality industry in the area of wine and beverage management, wine sales, wine marketing and all aspects of the wine service industry.
The courses in this program are offered in class. The program traditionally begins in September with applications being accepted commencing in February of the current year. Applications will continue to be received until such time we reach our maximum number of 22 accepted students.
- Graduates have a recognized credential that enables them to claim professional expertise to manage a beverage program at a restaurant, hotel, resort, casino, tourist attraction or any situation in which beverage alcohol is a component of service.
- Professional sommeliers often manage sales programs for import/export agencies, buy and sell for the provincial liquor authority or, where legal, open wine shops or restaurants of their own.
- Many certified sommeliers also instruct courses in wine/beverage education, host wine tours abroad and develop curriculum and courses of study for wineries and training programs for restaurants, hotels and resorts.
This part-time certification program is offered by weekend delivery and is comprised of six courses. Courses are completed in succession. The total cost of the program is approximately $4,200.00 + textbooks. Course fees are due at time of registration on a per course basis.
All courses take place at the Canadian Food and Wine Institute at Niagara College:
135 Taylor Road,
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S1J0
Upon graduation successful students will receive joint certification from the Canadian Association of Professional Sommeliers (CAPS) and Niagara College.
- You must secure formal admission to this program through a specialized application process before you can register for individual courses. Review entrance requirements.
- Complete the application process. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis for qualified candidates. Class space is limited to 22 students.
- Complete an entrance exam, if required. Candidates who lack formal education requirements but have substantial wine related work experience may gain entry to the program by successfully completing a qualifying exam.
For More Information
For more information contact Kristina Inman by email at email@example.com or by phone at 905-641-2252 extension 4629.
Note: Cost of courses and course dates reflect the current term, and are subject to change without notice. Courses are not scheduled on holidays.